Rewrite of the First Chapter of Sons of Salem - The Seer & New Artwork

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sons of Salem
The Seer


I don’t want you to believe a word

I don’t want you to believe a word that is said in this book, or the
others to come, they are not for you to believe. Remember my words
while you read my fictional stories. Yes, I said fiction; so no matter
how much you want to believe what is written; fight that urge we
humans have to believe what we are told! This is not an article of
upstanding human beings trying their best to make you love them. This
book will tell you a story of a man and the woman he loves, dealing
with strange occurrences, and what happens when someone with other
worldly abilities, is led to believe he is no different from the
normal man. But this young man is soon pushed beyond the limits; he
has placed on himself and his world. Remember, enjoy but whatever you
do… do not believe a word.

Gratia Plurimi


A man sits in a chair as another stands over him. The one in the chair
is crying while the other looks at him with a wicked grin. He then
slaps him and asks, “Are you going to do as he asks you to?”

“Why would I?”

“He is your king. You should follow him without question.”

The man in the chair then spits in the offenders face then says, “You
bow to him but I bow to no man.”

He was then slapped to the ground and then a great sound as two doors
flung open. The offender immediately fell to his knees and the man
slowly picked himself off of the floor and laughed at the one on the
floor and kicked him in the ribs, yet the man never retaliated. He
then pointed at the man walking through the doors.

He fell to the floor as the man who walked through the door held out
his hand. “Why must you be so difficult Jack? I am only doing this to
help you.”

“I’d rather die than to ever worship you.”

“Whoever said I wanted you to worship me?”

Jack then kneed the guy in the ribs but this time the offender grabbed
his leg and pulled Jack down. The one who walked through the door then
flexed his hand and both flew apart from the other as if they were
magnetically repelled. “Bert, would you and Jack leave each other
alone? I’m trying to rehab Jack and you’re not helping matters at
all.”

Bert picked himself up and then walked over to the king and bowed
down. “I am sorry my liege. I beg your forgiveness.”

“God Bert you’re my cousin, get up.”

He stood up and then asked, “What will we do with him?”

“Remind him who he is?”

“How will we do that?

“Dr. Melas Fosnos has developed a serum for me. Go see that he has it prepared.”

He bowed then said, “yes my king.”

“Bert.”

“Yes my liege?”

“Stop calling me that.”

“I am sorry but you are the sovereign. Should I not pay you the
respect a man of your stature deserves and should demand?”

“Not from you, we are closer than brothers, have been since my accident.”

“We both had our handicaps. Yours was the chair and mine was my mind,
but now I am the right hand man to the King of all we see.” He laughed
and then asked, “Who would have thought that two men from the home of
Jack Daniel’s would be this powerful?”

“Just go and get the serum, besides I haven’t accepted the crown yet.
Still don’t know if I will.”

He then walked away but before he was out of site he turned and said,
“You don’t accept fate cousin, it accepts you.” He then walked out of
the door.

The king then walked over to Jack and picked him up and sat him in the
chair. Jack finally came around and looked at the king. He started
crying and then said, “I am sorry I killed you. Please don’t kill me.
I have a wife and kids. Don’t you want your son to know his uncle?”

“Jack, I am trying to give you back your life. But you are going to
have to help yourself.”

He leaned up with his head in his hands crying fervently.

The king then turned when he hears someone walking in the room and saw
the doctor. The king looked back at Jack and Jack was then bound to
the chair and then gagged.

The doctor looked at the king and was given an approving nod, so he
then injected Jack with the serum. Jack instantly dropped into a
trance.

The king flexed his hand and the gag fell out of Jack’s mouth. Bert
brought a chair for the king and he sat next to Jack and then said,
“Hello Jack, how are you?”

It took several seconds for him to respond but the king was patient.
He truly wanted to help Jack and he was the only one who was able to
help break Jack’s addiction and save his life.

“Jack, talk to me.”

“Yes… what do you want?”

“I want you to tell me a story.”

“What kind of story do I tell you?”

“Do you remember just before you got married?”

He smiled and then said, “Oh yes I do. Everything was so simple.” He
started crying and then said. “I have so much to be thankful for, but
I can’t. I can’t enjoy being at home. I always feel like I need to go
somewhere and do something else. I love my family. What’s wrong with
me?”

“I am trying to help you, but you have to help me help you. Can you do that?”

“I will try to help you, but I don’t know what to do… I forget my name
sometimes.” He then tried to get up but was still bound, so it was no
use. He then took a deep breath then asked. “What do I have to do?”

“Tell me your story.”

“Where do I start?”

“Take a trip for me back to the time when your dad called you…”

“He said that Clara wanted to talk to me?”

“Yes Jack, tell me your story.”

Chapter 1


The Loan Payment


Isn’t it funny, how a good day can turn into a terrible disturbing
night, all on account of a dream? Well, I guess there isn’t anything
funny about it at all. All I know is I have had the same dream for
three nights in a roll. I am standing in the middle of nothing. When I
say nothing, I literally mean nothing. Ahhh, it is so frustrating. I
look around me, and all I see is a faint light in the distance, and my
head is pounding, with a low buzz ringing in my ears. I am holding
this compass, which has to be a hundred years old, if it is a day. So
the first night I take it and run north, but the further I run, it
seems like I am getting nowhere. I mean I don’t even hear the sound of
my feet as I run. The ground doesn’t feel like ground at all. It is
firm, but it’s not earth, or concrete. I don’t know what to tell you.
I have been, north, south, and west, so I guess if I have the damn
thing tonight, I will go east.

Ok, so I got this phone call from my dad (Jacob), telling me that I
needed to go to my Aunt’s house (his sister Clara). He said that she
needs to talk to me, he didn’t know what she wanted, but it was very
important. She would be home all day and needed to see me as soon as
possible. This is the absolute last thing I needed today.

I had always loved my Aunt Clara Curre, but I had borrowed a large sum
of money from her late husband to start a business, and like all of
the other things I tried, it went belly-up and I have been avoiding
her like the plague. Don’t get me wrong, I love her dearly, but I
don’t have the money to pay her back. If I have to die trying I will
pay back my debt. I will do anything, and I’ll tell her that. I’m just
not able to pay it at this time.

Her daughter Jasmine is my favorite person in the world, bar none. We
are both twenty-two years old and were best friends growing up, but I
haven’t seen her since Christmas, and it is now mid December.

So here I am sitting in my Aunt’s living room, feeling nervous as
hell, waiting for her to talk to me.


I look around her house, and see all the spoils of marrying an heir to
an oil fortune.

Andre Curre, what can I say about my favorite uncle? First of all is
he was anything but what I thought a millionaire would be. He helped
my father start his own business, and then before he died, helped me
start my own. I promised him that I would pay him back in full, with
interest. As soon as I could, but he told me it was fine, and it
didn’t matter to him when it was paid back, or if it was ever. But now
my aunt I knew she was raised poor, and therefore much more frugal. So
I knew this had to be her way of telling me, that the money had to be
paid back soon. So now you see my reluctance to be around for the past
year? It wasn’t that I wasn’t going to pay it back. It was just the
fact that I didn’t have it and didn’t know when I would. I must admit,
there is something else but all of that will be explained soon enough.

I began to hear her footsteps getting closer. Each ringing louder and
louder with ever step she took. My aunt is the only woman I know, that
I have never seen wear any kind of shoes but high heels.

She put her hand gently on my shoulder. “Jack, please follow me to my
office. I don’t want anyone to hear our conversation.”

Her tone instantly confused me. Where she was usually a strong
confident woman, she now seemed nervous and somewhat tentative.
Putting that aside I stood up and followed her to her office on
nervous legs. She is five foot seven one hundred thirty pounds, and
even though she is my aunt, I have to admit that she is a very
beautiful woman, no doubt of any age. You look at her, just like her
daughter Jasmine and all you can say is woman, but they are family. I
guess since I am telling you all this, I should be honest and say that
I’ve dreamed about Jasmine, but I would never allow myself to think of
her in that manner, no matter what my feelings for her are.


I could feel my heart in my throat, as I stood up straight and
whimpered to myself. She opened the door and walked in, I followed.

“Jack, have a seat, please.”

I watched her worried expression, and I could tell that she had been
crying. I knew she wouldn’t be crying over my loan, so it had to be
something much more serious.

“Aunt Clara, you would tell me if anything was wrong, wouldn’t you?” I
finally asked.

She looked at me and I watched her bottom lip quiver. I saw tears well
up in her eyes, so I stood and walked over to her taking her into my
arms. She started to cry as I pulled her tighter to me. I began to rub
her back trying to comfort her as best I could. I still didn’t know
what was wrong with her. I began to think why she was so upset, so I
asked, “What has gotten you so upset?”

“Jack its Jazz.”

My heart sank as low as it had ever been. I almost fainted, my knees
buckled and I lost my grip of my Aunt Clara. My tears were in my eyes
before I knew I was going to cry. “What,” I paused, “What is wrong, is
she all right? Oh God, please tell me she’s okay!” I said without
thinking.


My outburst of emotion had surprisingly calmed my aunt’s emotions, and
she was now staring at me. I saw a knowing grin slowly creep to her
face. “Jack, do you love Jazz?”

I wiped the tears from my eyes. I could tell by the change of moods,
that this had been a setup, so I did what I thought would cover my
outburst. “Of course I do, she’s my cousin, and.”

She interrupted me by saying knowingly. “Jack, the way you just acted
was not because she is your cousin, you’re in love with her.”

I just looked at her smile and could feel my anger build. “How could
you do that to me Clara?” I asked angrily. “You had me thinking
something bad had happened to her.”

“I’m sorry Jacky, but I had to know if my suspicions were true.”

I was still pissed, “So, you wanted to know if your suspicions were
true?” I paced around the room and looked her straight in the eye.
“Yeah, I love her, I have since we were little, but I knew we were
cousins, so I wouldn’t dare do anything about it.” I had to think of
something to get her back for her trick. “Do you want to know
something else you don’t know?” I looked at her and watched for when
she would start to talk, just so I could interrupt her.

“Jack.”

I interrupted her, continuing my tirade. “I have been in love with her
since I knew the difference between boys and girls. She is the most
beautiful, perfect girl in my world,” then because I was mad and not
thinking clearly, I said in a whisper, “like mother like daughter.”


Aunt Clara looked at me, obviously shocked at what I had said. I kept
hearing my last words ringing in my ears, and I knew that I had to be
the sickest person on earth, and I also knew I needed to apologize.

I looked down at my feet in utter disgrace. “I’m sorry Aunt Clara. I
should have never acted with such disrespect to my Aunt, but I really
love her so much,” I said with tears still falling from my eyes. “You
had me so scared that something had happened to her. I don’t know what
I would have done if something ever happened to Jazz. I know what I
said can’t be forgiven, so I’ll leave and I will make sure that the
money I owe you, is paid back in full,” I stood up, and began to make
my way to the door.

I then heard a nervous voice. “Did you mean it?”

I put my trembling hand on the door and leaned my head against it. I
knew it would be very hard for me to make the situation worse, so I
said in almost a whisper, “I would be lying if I said you aren’t a
beautiful woman.”

I then heard her footsteps walking toward me,
“Jacky, please turn around.”

I turned back toward her, and then looked at her nervously saying.
“Dad is going to kill me.”

She giggled timidly. “No he won’t.”

I looked into her big, beautiful, blue, tear-filled eyes. I remembered
how she seemed to always have her hair in a bun, but today she had her
beautiful auburn locks flowing freely. Today she had curled them, or
had someone to do it for her.

“You know how strict they were on me growing up. When you tell him
what I said, he’ll hunt me down.”

“Who said I would tell him what you said?”
I saw a nervous smile on her face.
“Jacky, before we go any further. I should tell you why I brought you
here in the first place.”

“I know I owe you a lot of money. I promise to pay you back as soon as
I can. If you can trust me and give me more time, I promise it will be
paid.”

“Jack, would you shut up and let me talk? You know I don’t need that
money. That’s one thing in this world I luckily don’t have to worry
about, but it is why I brought you here.”

I must have expressed my confusion on my face.

“Jack, you borrowed a lot of money, but I don’t want money in return.
I need something that can’t be bought, not with money, anyway.”

I shook my head in confusion. “I don’t understand.”

“Jack, Jazz has quit working on her apartment building and she doesn’t
do her art anymore. She just stays in her apartment shut up like an
old hermit. I went over there to see her the other day and she doesn’t
look like herself, something is wrong with her. You need to go and see
her, but first you’re going to do something for me before you do the
same for her.”

She walked over to her desk, and paged the maid. “Amy, you can go home
early today, ok, you have a good day, ok bye.”

“Now Jacky my boy,” she said stepping out from the desk. “I want to
see just how much you love her.”

“I can’t have the relationship I would like to have with her, we’re cousins.”

She then threw me for a loop. “Jack, I know you know how to please a
woman, now think of Jazz as a woman who loves you and not your
cousin.”

“How do you know that I’m not a virgin?” I mocked an innocent and
nervous voice. Well I mocked the innocent but the nervousness was all
me.

“Because of Jaime Collins,” She then looked at me and winked.

Jamie Collins was one of my former girl friends, which I had for a
long time. We always had a good time together, but I knew I could
never get my love for Jasmine out of my heart. I honestly figured to
be alone for the rest of my life, which is how bad I have it for,
Jazz. Jamie should thank her, because every time we were together it
was Jasmine on my mind. As bad as that sounds, it is the truth.

I took Aunt Clara’s hand and we walked over to the large couch then sat down.


“So how do you know about her?” I sat there waiting for her to tell me
but she wouldn’t answer my question, so I stood up and walked toward
the door.

“Jack, where are you going?”

“I’m going home, unless you tell me how you know about Jamie Collins.”

“Ok, I belong to the same country club as her family. Her mother is
one of my best friends.”

“You and Angie Collins are best friends, the same woman who flirted
with me in front of her daughter?”

“Yes we are good friends.”

I knew there was something that she was intentionally keeping from me,
so I asked as I sat back down. “Aunt Clara, I want you to tell me what
is the true reason you asked me here, is there really something wrong
with, Jazz?”

“Honestly?”

“Yes honestly, please.”

She took my hand and began to trace the lines on my palm and then
said, “She told me how she feels for you, that Jack is the very reason
why I asked you here today.”

“Clara, I love Jazz. I always have, but she is my cousin?”


She never looked up from my palm as she said, “I know she is your
cousin Jack, but she loves you. She thinks that you are mad at her,
because it’s been almost a year since you two have spoken. You two
were so close, so close before.” I saw tears well up in my Aunts eyes,
so I pulled her to me, while she told me the rest. “She wouldn’t
answer her door, but she had given me a key, so I let myself in. I
walked in and I saw clothes thrown everywhere. It was awful Jacky.
Everywhere I looked I just couldn’t see my baby girl. I found her
crying in her bathtub, but there wasn’t any water in it. She was just
laying in the tub in the fetal position. If you had seen her like
that, it would have broken your heart.”

Aunt Clara began to cry harder and I could feel my heart being ripped
apart, knowing someone that I love so deeply, could be so hurt by my
own selfish actions, especially the one person I loved the most. My
own tears began to flow. I took Clara into my arms bringing her head
against my chest. “I cannot just have sex with her, she means too much
to me for that, I love her with all my heart. I will do anything for
her.” I began to try and get up again.

“Jack, what do you think you’re doing?”

“I have got to go to her. She needs me.” All I could think of was
getting her in my arms, and trying my damndest to repair the damage I
had caused.

“No Jack, you have to understand something first. You cannot go over
there like this. All the emotions are clouding your mind. Listen, I
have it all planned, you are going to call her and ask if you can come
over and talk to her. Then you will stay here tonight and pay half of
your debt. Tomorrow I will take you and get you cleaned up, so you can
look your best for my baby girl.”

As you can probably imagine, my mind was going every-which-way. She
then stood up and walked to her desk getting a cell-phone out,
bringing it to me. “Call her, do as I have told you and you won’t be
hurt.”

In my state of confusion, I looked up at her expecting one of Don Vito
Corleone’s henchmen getting ready to whack me. I took the phone in my
trembling hand. I looked at it asking nervously. “What do I say to
her?”

“Just say how you need to tell her something that is very difficult
and against established custom, but you are tired of living a lie.
Tell her she needs to know something that has been going on since you
two were little.”

“She will know I’m calling from your phone.”

She smiled at me. “That’s one thing that I love about you so much. You
are just so innocent and led by your heart. Jacky, even the FBI can’t
trace that phone.”

Hearing those words, I began to think maybe I should make sure I had
paid my respects to the Don.

“Jack, snap out of it. I’m going to prepare a few things for us while
you call. Everything will work out just fine if you do as I told you.
I have put a lot of thought into this. I will make sure that you two
can be together just like any two lovers should.”


She walked out of the room and I stared at the phone. I opened it up
and saw that the number had already been dialed, so I very slowly
pushed send. The phone began to ring, once, twice, Thrice, I then
heard her pick up.

“Hello, if you are selling something, you can kiss my ass and go to
hell!” She yelled angrily.

I knew this wasn’t the Jazz I had known and loved all my life. She was
always getting onto me for talking like that, then blushing when I
wouldn’t listen.

“Who is this? I know your some pervert wanting to call a young woman
and scare her? Well you can’t scare me, you dirty bastard!”

I knew that I needed to say something, so I interrupted her. “Jazz,
it’s me Jacko. Remember me?”

I heard her begin to cry.

I then said trying to hold back my own tears. “Jazz, I have to tell
you something important about me.”

“Jack,” she paused and sniffled her tears.

“Oh God Jazz,” I cleared my throat then asked as my voice cracked,
“can I see you tomorrow night?”

“Jack, I.” she paused again.

“Just save it for tomorrow night. I love you Jazz.”

I could hear her begin to cry with more force, then saying. “You.” she
stuttered, “You really mean that Jacko?”

“I don’t ever remember a time when I didn’t mean it, but before I say
too much over the phone. Can I come over tomorrow night, we really
need to talk?”

“You know you’re always welcome in my home, and anything else of mine.”

I don’t know if it is just my hoping to hear the old Jasmine, or if it
was just a slip of the tongue, but I took it as I was welcome to do
what I had dreamed of, hoped for many times, but I knew if we did, I
would find some way to make her mine forever. “Jazz, is seven ok?”

“Jack, whenever you get here, I will be more than ready for you.” I
could hear some semblance of the old Jazz in her voice.

“Listen, I had better get off of here. I need to get a few things in
line, so I can make our getting reacquainted meeting.”

She nervously giggled, and my heart leaped at the sound. “Still the
same old Jacko, Please don’t let me down. I really need to see you. I
haven’t been myself. I need you to remind me who that is.”

“You just be there and be ready for me. I promise with all my heart. I
won’t let you down again. I love you Jazzy but if I don’t hang up, I
will talk to you all night. I have a few things I have to do that are
very important.”

“Ok, and Jack I love you too, Goodbye.”


“Goodbye,” I hung up the phone feeling better and hoping she was too.
I wanted to go to her now but Clara had plans. I knew I had to do
whatever she wanted, I owe her that, but my heart was firmly with
Jazz.

“You think she is feeling any better?”

I looked around seeing that my Aunt had taken off the clothes she had
on before, and now wore a low-cut string bikini. I had never seen her
like this before. The most skin I saw her show before, was at one of
her friend’s fashion shows, my father made me work as a waiter while
still in school.

“So, is my little girl happy?”

“She sounded a lot better than when I first talked to her.”

“I heard how you two were talking to one another. You’re going to have
to marry that girl. You know she loves you.”

I stood up and walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek then hugged her.

“Jack, follow me.” She said.


She took my hand and led me to her Jacuzzi. She got in and I just
looked at her. “I don’t have any trunks.”

She smiled a wicked smile then stood and first, she slowly and very
seductively began to take off her top. As soon as I saw her, I was
immediately surprised a woman of her age would still be so beautiful.
I fully realized what she wanted and she is without a doubt a
beautiful woman, but my mind continued to conflict with my heart.

I stepped into the Jacuzzi but still couldn’t seem to get Jasmine out
of my mind. The thought of her wouldn’t leave me. “What?”

“Jack really, you need to quit getting lost in your mind.”

Against my better judgment, I pulled off my boxers. I smiled at her
but felt as if my heart would leap out of my body. I cussed myself but
then said,
“I showed you mine, now show me yours.” I was trying to go along with
what she wanted and what my body wanted, but truthfully I didn’t want
to be here.

She giggled like a schoolgirl, and quickly took off her bottoms. She
looked up at me as she threw the bottoms out of the Jacuzzi.

I didn’t give her time to say anything. I took her into my arms and
kissed her. I was trying my best to drive the thought of Jazz out of
my mind, but to no effect.

I picked her up in my arms, and then had to ask her a question, so I
broke the kiss still holding her in my arms. “What do you want me to
do first?”

“I’m yours tonight, do whatever you want.”

I carried her over to the side of the Jacuzzi, which was against the
wall, sitting her down. I began to kiss her neck, but began to have
trouble breathing and I could feel my heart beating harder than
before. I knew I had to back away or I would pass out. I stood up and
sat beside her. I took a deep breath and tried to relax.


Clara realizing my problem asked, “Jack, are you alright?”

I felt myself begin to hyperventilate. “I don’t know.” I took another
deep breath trying to clear my head. Finally I began feeling the
breath bring me back to the world.

“What happened to you?”

After another deep breathe I began to speak. “Clara, I love you and I
am obviously attracted to you… but you have to let me work through my
emotions.” I had to pause for more air. “I have heard a lot of
surprising things, and had so much of my buried feelings brought to
the surface…You are an amazing looking woman.” I took another deep
breath. “I never dreamed I would be able to express.”

“Talking like that, I understand how my daughter is so in love with you.”

“I love you deeply, but I can’t do this to Jasmine, she means too much
to me, I’m so sorry.”

She looked at me and she smiled. “She’s a lucky girl, I wish you two
the best, but I would be lying if I said you didn’t grow up good.”

I grinned and continued my labored breathing. “If you give me a little
more time, I will find another way to pay you back.”

“Jacky, I told you that money didn’t matter to me, what my biggest
concern is, is Jasmine and her happiness, you’re the key to that.”

“I’m turning into a prune and a little hungry. I think I’ll get my
stuff and head home if that’s ok with you
I could see, she had something she wanted to tell me, but was deciding
whether to say it or not.

“If you got something to say, then say it ok.”

“I was just thinking about what you said about how you have wanted me.
It made me realize how much I missed having a man around the house.
Maybe, I’ll take Mr. Johnson up on his offer.” She said putting her
bikini back on.

“Who’s Mr. Johnson?”

“He’s is a guy I’ve been dating for a while, he proposed to me a
couple weeks ago. I told him I wanted to think about it, but all I can
think of now is making love to a good man like Andre and you.”

“I’m sorry Aunt Clara.”

“Don’t be, you are a special type of man. I respect that no matter how
sexy you are now.”

I desperately wanted to change the subject. “You mind if I call in a
pizza, I’ll pay?”

“Jacky, you go to the kitchen and sit down. I’ll fix you something
good. Then we need to get to sleep, we have appointments to keep
tomorrow.”

Posted via email from jason's posterous

0 comments: